Welcome to my corner of the web – I am a writer, runner and geographer, based in the great city of Liverpool. I have a number of novels being developed for publication; a long-standing love of the Shetland Isles; and an enduring fascination with just about anything involving maps…
On this website you will find details of my fiction writing; information pages on my adopted home of Liverpool and spiritual home of Shetland; and (eventually) a realm of useful articles on geographic-related issues. Please do keep checking back – pages and blog posts are created as time allows, but as with every website this is a perpetual work in progress! All major updates will be listed on this front page.
For the record, to categorise my writing, I guess it would be to call it ‘Science Fiction and alternative futures’ – but even if those genres aren’t your ‘thing’, at its heart all the stories are about people and places.
The following are the most recent updates across the website
- 14/08/21: The page on the list of books being written now fully updated.
- 08/06/21: How do you get ideas for a story? My own perspective and suggestions.
- 05/11/20: In a departure from normal site content, my thoughts around anime – you may be surprised!
- 06/06/20: While COVID-19 means we can’t travel, a blog on past trips to Shetland.
- 19/04/19: Just had to blog about one of the most creative concepts I’ve come across in a while – RWBY, the animation that is so much more.
- 09/08/18: A new blog describing my most recent book project, The Rescue Year (launch now delayed by COVID).
Recent times have not been easy for anyone, and that applies to many of those businesses in the tourism sector. Whilst I have pages about my beloved Shetland and Liverpool on this site, the current situation may mean some of the detail is out of date – always check with Shetland.org or VisitLiverpool if you are planning trips to either place!
Expected next update: October 2021, finally including book extracts.
Page updated: 14th August 2021 – content and design updates, 18/02/19.